National Teachers Academy seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through developmentally appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. NTA is committed to providing academic and social excellence in a positive and supportive culture to produce productive citizens prepared for a global society.
National Teachers Academy
55 W. Cermak Rd.
Chicago , IL 60616
A CPS Neighborhood School
Community Unity Dance
Community Unity Dance December 7
Friends of NTA is hosting a Community Unity Dance on Friday December 7 from 4p-7p! Let’s come together to celebrate our school and all of our achievements! Tickets available in the school office. Suggested donation $2, includes hot dog and drink. Look for our snack and bake sale fundraiser table! Students must attend with an adult. NTA siblings welcome. Proceeds will be used to support our school.
Parent Forum and Equity Team meeting on December 12
The second parent forum of the school year is set for Wednesday, December 12 from 3:45-6:30pm.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 3:45-4:45: Equity Team meeting: parents, staff and students will explore and discuss issues of equity at NTA and design solutions to ensure NTA meets the needs of all students.
- 4:45-5:00: Dinner provided in cafe
- 5:00-6:00: ALSC meeting: hear about the school budget, continuous improvement work plan. The ALSC is an open forum for parents to and community members to discuss concerns, ask questions or offer suggestions to school administrators.
- 6:00-6:30: Friends of NTA: contribute to fundraising efforts and event planning to support the needs of NTA.
- Grades K-2, December 19, 9:15 am
- Grades 3-5 December 20, 2:30 pm
- Grades 6-8 December 20, 9:10 am
Below you will find information about National Teachers Academy’s activities, milestones, and events.