National Teachers Academy seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through developmentally appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. NTA is committed to providing academic and social excellence in a positive and supportive culture to produce productive citizens prepared for a global society.
National Teachers Academy
55 W. Cermak Rd.
Chicago , IL 60616
A CPS Neighborhood School
Hello NTA families,
Happy Friday! I hope that you have all had a wonderful week. Here are a few updates for next school week, in particular a reminder about safety during drop-off and pick-up on 23rd Street.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
- All drivers are encouraged to drive slowly up and down 23rd Street, Dearborn (along the track), and Federal.
- Stop at all intersections, even those that do not have stop signs. This includes 23rd and Dearborn (track intersection).
- Do not make U-turns on 23rd. After dropping off or picking up. proceed south down Federal to exit the campus.
- Do not move traffic cones.
- Listen to staff and volunteers in the area. they are there to keep our children safe.
Dine-out for NTA September 20
MMS is a camp for 100 grade school students (4th-5th) from Chicago Public Schools that aims to expose young students to the health sciences. The camp is held at Rush University in the Fall and Spring semesters and is complete with an orientation, anatomy and physiology lectures, activities on five major body systems, dissections, nutrition education, homework, tutoring, and a completion celebration. Rush student and physician volunteers plan the curriculum, implement activities and assist the youth during the camp. https://www.rushu.rush.edu/rush-experience/rush-community-service-initiatives-program/promoting-careers-health-care/mini-medical-school
- Services: Health sciences education, STEM tutoring
- Populations served: Grade school students
- Community partners: Chicago Public Schools
Dine-Out for NTA
Friends of NTA is hosting a Dine-Out for NTA on September 20, 2018 from 11a-9p at Chef Luciano Kitchen + Chicken (49 E Cermak Rd). Stop by for lunch, dinner or both. You can pick up, order for delivery or eat in and 15% of proceeds will be donated to our school just make sure to say you are there to support National Teachers Academy. Have a great meal for a great cause!
Friday, September 21: International Peace Day
Week of October 1: Spirit Week
Tuesday, October 3: Parent Forum
Saturday, October 6: Homecoming Game and Fun Fair
Wednesday, October 10: Student Showcase
Wednesday, October 24: Awareness Day International Bullying Prevention
Wednesday, October 31: K-3 Fall Festival
Below you will find information about National Teachers Academy’s activities, milestones, and events.